Cub camper disaster!!!...well not quite disaster...

Just had a Redarc smart charger fitted on the 'new' camper and some other car work done at my local brilliant auto electrician and was backing out down a narrow drive - no opportunity to turn round in the premises.

As the Cub went out into the road I thought I heard a 'noise' but was on my own and had checked absolutely everything before starting off so was 'sure' it wasn't my rig making it.

A nano second later there was a 'ping' and 'splat' and I saw pieces of coloured perspex/plastic whizzing throught the air...

The stone guard on the Cub had come round too far on the tight lock and shattered my rear driver side tail light! Never had a stone guard fitted on anything before and so this eventuality never entered my head.

Cost - feeling daft and $45.00 for a new one at a breakers yard.

Let that be a lesson to me - I managed to get it home safely - but I ALWAYS manage to bust SOMETHING when I get anything new!!!

Geo
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Christopher P (NSW) - Wednesday, Jun 15, 2011 at 15:50

Wednesday, Jun 15, 2011 at 15:50
Happens to the best of us mate, ken to get home and wanting to look after new toy...

Like i said it happens to the best of us.

happy and safe travels
AnswerID: 457520

Reply By: entropy - Wednesday, Jun 15, 2011 at 15:54

Wednesday, Jun 15, 2011 at 15:54
Bad Luck there Geo. About this time last year I was at the top Redbank Gorge camp ground out in the West MacDonnells and had a metal pole jump out and scrape the side of my new camper trailer whilst on its maiden voyage, so I feel your pain. I blame the Government for putting the pole in the wrong spot ;)
AnswerID: 457521

Reply By: dazren - Wednesday, Jun 15, 2011 at 16:55

Wednesday, Jun 15, 2011 at 16:55
Don't wory about it Mate, you show me someone who has been driving and towing for a number of years, and claims he has not had one scrape, ding, or dent.
And i will show you a Liar ??
AnswerID: 457524

Reply By: Axle - Wednesday, Jun 15, 2011 at 17:17

Wednesday, Jun 15, 2011 at 17:17
Don't Stress mate, a few years ago i was sitting in the landy ute in my front yard yakking on the phone, not realizing i was slowly creeping backwards, A big crunch woke me up!, iand to my horror i had put the corner of the ute tray through the side of our caravan!...The air was blue for a while i can tell you..lol.

Cheers Axle.
AnswerID: 457526

Sponsored Links